To see if you are eligible for free school meals, please click on the NCC Link below - If you are successful, please let the school office know.
Abington Vale Primary School is a 2 form entry school split over 2 sites, with 440 children on role.
We have high aspirations and ambitions for all our pupils, and we are determined to ensure that every child has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
What is Pupil Premium
- Publicly funded schools in england get extra funding from the government to help them improve the attainment of their disadvantaged pupils
- The pupil premium grant is designed to allow schools to help disadvantaged pupils by improving their progress and the exam results they achieve.
- The pupil premium grant is not an entitlement for individual pupils, it is a sum given to schools to improve attainment through an effective three-tiered approach
The governing body and all the staff at Abington Vale Primary School are committed to ensuring that the highest possible provision is made to ensure that all pupils achieve their academic, artistic and sporting potential as well as ensuring that their pastoral needs and wellbeing is supported.
Through quality first teaching and targeted interventions and support, we are determined to eliminate barriers to learning and we aim to ensure that all children make accelerated progress, in order to reach age related expectations or above as they move through our school.
At Abington Vale we wish to ensure that disadvantaged children benefit from having equal access to our broad and rich curriculum. This is achieved through:
- High quality, research based CPD/staff training for all of our teachers and teaching assistants
- Highly effective delivery of a carefully planned, knowledge rich curriculum; including the teaching of metacognitive strategies to empower pupils to embed learning.
- Focussed pastoral intervention to support pupils where external factors act as a significant barrier to their learning
- High quality additional support and intervention for those who need it; including commissioned support from external agencies such as Educational Psychologists and focussed academic interventions.
Pupil Premium Documents
Please refer to our Pupil Premium Strategy report for more information.